Pages

Monday 11 April 2011

Three in a Row

Clare Curd presents paper-crafters with a weekly challenge each Tuesday on the Docrafts Creativity website, alternating between sketches and inspiration challenges. Encouraged by my first challenge entry yesterday, I resolved that today would see my second. This presented me with more than one challenge, as the submission deadline was 9 pm. Although I'd printed the sketch layout yesterday, I hadn't given any thought to what I might create until I got home just before 6 pm today. I resolved that supper could (and would) wait until I'd made my card, uploaded and submitted it and headed optimistically towards my craft stash

Happily, I found loads of bits and pieces that I could use. As the sketch design was very square and symmetrical, I wanted some contrast from my design and settled upon some girlie shoe embellishments for the basis of the toppers. Encouraged that meeting the deadline was achievable, I grabbed some co-ordinating ribbons and eyelets, picked up my bag of crafting essentials and headed to my laptop. The ever inspirational Funky Hand Papercraft Factory CDs provided me with just what I needed by way of interesting backing papers from the Lush Lilac collection of Dreams Come True. I then spent a gloriously happy hour or so cutting, layering and sticking, while the London sky outside darkened ominously.


The light was failing fast as I finished my card and snapped a photograph. It was tempting to head to the kitchen at that point and cook but I stuck to my resolve and 15 minutes later, all the technical stuff was done. A quick browse through the other entries indicated that it wasn't just me who had left it to the last minute. Several of the cards were gorgeous and I took a few moments to make complimentary comments about them. It's so lovely that almost as soon as one uploads a card to the gallery on the website someone will tell you how fab it is - thank you all - and it's a real pleasure to reciprocate when other people's creativity inspires me. Warm feelings all round, regardless of who wins.

I make a resolution to prepare earlier in the week in future but suspect that Monday supper might be more of a scrappy affair than a feast for a while. Who needs food when one has creativity? Now that's a diet that would work for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment